We offer two different services: custom made itineraries, where we work one on one with each client to create an individual and personalised itinerary, and consultation services. Below you can read more about each one.
By dedicating ourselves exclusively to Japan, we can ensure that we know the country inside and out and thus can offer a more specialized, authentic and profound experience. We’d love to be your Japan Vacation Planner!
Custom made itineraries
We create completely customized trips, adapted to the needs and preferences of every traveller. Everyone’s tastes are so unique that sometimes generalised recommendations simply aren’t enough!
We want to know about you and your travel partners. Tell us your interests, your desires for this trip, your general ages and energy levels. We want to know whether you’ve been to Japan before, and if so, where you went. We want to know what would make this trip perfect, or what you envision as your ideal day – because of course we can make it happen!
It’s possible to start from scratch, build from an idea, hobby or must-see place, or even take an itinerary you’ve found online and change certain things to make it an unforgettable trip. We can also book tours and guides and make hotel and restaurant reservations for you if you wish.
Furthermore, when we work knowing the specific dates of travel and preferences of each person, it’s possible to organize factory tours and visits to local workshops, visits to traditional theaters or other temporary shows, maybe attend a festival and a number of other special experiences.
If you need some inspiration, here are a few experiences you may find interesting to do in Japan. We can add any of these to your trip plan, alongside whichever other ideas you may have:
We need to leave our bags in Osaka for five days, where can we leave them? Do you have any recommendations on where to try kaiseki cuisine at a good price? Does the bullet train stop at Mount Fuji? I want to see a geisha while I’m in Japan but I don’t really know which is the best place…
You’re happy to plan the trip yourself, you just don’t quite know where to start, you need advice on an itinerary that already exists, you travel next week or you only want a few small recommendations. If that’s the case, perhaps the consulting service is what you’re looking for!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
The short answer is: the business model. We offer similar services to a travel agent, but we don’t book flights and the hotel reservations are optional. Travel agencies receive commissions for booking hotels, cruises, flights or tours, choosing from the options they already have written down, and rarely accept changes in itineraries because they are sold as a package. As travel consultants, we charge for our time and expertise so we’re able to focus on aspects that wouldn’t give commissions but that make a trip absolutely amazing; how to get from A to B, restaurant recommendations, festivals, events or local markets… and always having in mind the personal tastes of each traveler.
Ok, here’s where I am going to toot my own horn! I work hard, I pay attention to the details and I know Japan very well. But many people can say that. Here are some specific reasons that set me apart from other travel consultants:
– I have traveled extensively throughout Japan, I know the different regions well and, precisely because I have returned to the country so many times, I know what makes Japan so special as a destination and I can assure that you will also be captivated by it during your trip. Since I’ve also gone beyond the most famous destinations, I can recommend many places that don’t have other tourists or are simply more authentic.
– I do my research in Japanese, so I can access many more reviews and different perspectives, especially from locals of the country, and lots of information that you cannot access if you only speak English. It also means that there is no miscommunication when I make reservations or bookings.
– I travelled to Japan for the first time when I was still a student, so I know how to plan trips for those who have a limited budget. You don’t need 300 dollars to get to meet a geisha or to experience sleeping in a traditional environment. I always try to find options that fit different budgets.
– I have traveled to many countries other than Japan. I know what it’s like to feel like a stranger in a foreign land, without speaking the language of the place. I have advice on luggage, language, food, plug adapters and other details that can facilitate the trip.
– I don’t sell packages at a fixed price so you’ll be able to know exactly where your money is going and how much everything costs. It is a totally transparent process. That’s why I choose to charge for my time and expertise instead of by commissions.
Of course! And you should also ask us for the cost breakdown, because the vast majority of the time, we can create the same trip for a lower cost. Online tours are often sold at a package price and when individual costs are broken down, the total cost of the trip almost always comes out lower.
Sometimes. But more importantly, you can be sure that all the recommendations are good value for money. I do not necessarily recommend the cheapest option in every situation because sometimes it’s worth paying more for an experience, seat or place. Of course, I am used to working within a budget.
Tailor-made trips, since it is a personal project and we work with each client personally over a longer period of time, require greater dedication. Trips of up to three weeks usually cost between 180-350 euros, prices can vary according to duration, difficulty, number of people, etc. The price may be somewhat higher for trips longer than three weeks. Before we start, we will always discuss the budget with each person and their situation so that there are no surprises.
Consultations for trips of up to one week cost 50 euros, two weeks are 100 euros and longer trips 150 euros. The consultations are unlimited for the trip, from the beginning of the service until the end of the trip.
Restaurant, tour and ticket reservations are free with the tailor-made service, however accommodation costs 5 euros per booking (available for both tailor-made trips and the consultation service).